Thursday 20 September 2012

Treatment

For my music video I want to make a concept based video with constant cuts to a performance of the song. 

The concept that I believe works best with my song choice, is the theme of a 'rebel without a cause', with this I am going to have my actor represent a rebellious teenage boy. This reflects both the genre and the message of the song well, firstly as the genre is indie rock it has the 'rock' element to it as rebellion is something that is stereotyped with that style of music. Furthermore, the style of the video will also illustrate conventions associated with genre, I am able to achieve this by researching into the conventions and representation typically shown and or associated with my genre.

Within the video, I'm going to have my character hanging around run down, derelict buildings   and then film them doing different things within the areas some of which are; smoke manipulation, spray painting etc. I will also have a performance to cut to, in addition to this I am going to cut to images that I have taken of my actor. In particular I am going to take these photos on a Polaroid camera as they create an old and vintage feeling which is in keeping with the illustration of 'indie', I will also try and create a stop motion sequence with these style of photographs.

Lastly one of my key ideas is for the end of the song, this is as the ending has a dominant and fast drums beat in it. With this I will be able to increase the tempo of my cuts and flick between extreme close ups of my actor, performance shots and things being smashed. I am including this latter element as it will show a relationship between the music and the image but also it again puts emphasis on the theme of rebellion.

No comments:

Post a Comment