Friday 21 September 2012

Audience

Audience research- Indie

The target audience for my music video is primarily people who fall into the 'indie' category, this is 'someone who's heart lies with indie, rock, alternative, music like that'.[1] The reason that I am targeting this audience is because this is the target audience for The Vaccines, who's track I'm doing.










 'Even though the sound of their music is more old-fashioned, the idea and shallowness of their lyrics tends to reach out to a younger audience, lyrics usually limited to subjects like teenage sex and relationships, for example in 'post break-up sex' and 'norgaard' which talk about a 17year old not being ready yet.'[2] In accordance with this the age range of my target audience is 17-early 20's, as they are most likely to be attracted to the style of music.

Within this research into the Indie subculture, I completed a feedback session with members of it, in order to find out what type of things they would expect to see in the both the video and the ancillary texts. The key point which I found which was reoccurring was the inclusion of appropriate fashions which would relate to their target group specifically, which they could relate to. Taking this feedback on board if I include these fashions and ideologies within my media products I am ensuring that my audience is identifying with the products and thus making them more likely to want to consume them.


 Sources:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=indie%20kid
http://www.slideshare.net/smcmediastudies/analysis-of-images-the-vaccines

No comments:

Post a Comment