Thursday 19 July 2012

Research: Stop Motion

In order to see what went into the process' of the making a stop motion video, I took a simple easy idea and with help in the filming process and made a practice piece.




By doing my practice piece I was able see how much works goes into making a stop motion video. I hardest part of making the video was the amount of photos that needed to be taken in order for the image to look like a fluent piece. This in its own raised problems as due to the size of files that the images would make it meant that we were limited to the amount of images that we could have on the camera at one time. Also in the editing process I found that I had to decrease the duration of the photographs in order to get them to cut fast through them but also that the image type had to be changed in order for them to work.

What works well about my video is the movement of the character as although it isn't always a smooth transition between its movements, it still appears as though it is moving by itself. This works best in the end section as the movements seem more real, this is as it was easier to move the character and we had more control over the movements.

Having done this I now know that to make any stop motion work within my music video it has to be a simple idea but executed to a high standard as by making it over complicated it will increase the chances of it looking detached from the video and unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment