Sunday 8 July 2012

Shot Count Analysis

Shot Count Analysis

 



Track: Lost In the World
Artist: Kanye West & Bon Iver
Director: Ruth Hogben
Release Date: May 23rd 2012
Length: 4:19
Number of shots: 71
Average shot length: 3.6secs


Segment- '1.30-2.00'


Number of shots:11
Number of CU: 1
Number of ECU: 0
Number of LS: 8
Number of MS: 1
Number of panning shots: 0
Number of tilts: 1
Other shots: 






From doing this I have learnt that music videos don't have to include a wide variety of shots to be interesting, as they may depend on the movement within the shot and the transition between shots. As although only straight cuts are used in the edits to each shot it is very effective as they have made these fast and included an effect that looks like a flash. This works to great effect for the video as it disorientates and confuses the viewer which is in keeping with the context and themes of the song. However, the high usage of special effects without the video is something that I wont be able to do for my video as I do not have the facilities to do so, but I will able to ensure that the effects I use in the transitions between shot make my video fast paced and interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment